Fanny Barks, Brown Willy and Minge Lane hailed some of the rudest names
Bizarrely-named locations were collected after survey to find the funniest
Bell End in Lickey End, Worcestershire crowned winner of ludicrous list.
Fanny Barks, Brown Willy and Scratchy Bottom are just a few of the locations that have been hailed some of Britain's most outrageous place names.
Britain has long had a fascination with hilariously-named spots - and now some of the most amusing have been revealed in a list dominated by rude references.
It is a hamlet in Worcestershire - Bell End in Lickey End - that stole the top spot with Brown Willy in Cornwall coming in at a close second and Boggy Bottom in Hertfordshire taking third place.
Boggy Bottom in Hertfordshire, Twatt in Orkney (pictured) and Nob End in South Lancashire all made it into the top ten
These laughable locations are followed by Twatt in Orkney, Scotland and Nob End in South Lancashire.
The bizarrely-named spots were revealed by insurance provider Swiftcover after it asked 2,000 Brits to vote for the place names that produce the biggest chuckle.
Fanny Barks in Durham, Minge Lane in Worcestershire and Dicks Mount in Suffolk also help to make up the top ten.
The lengthy list features four of Britain's 'bottoms' as well as a string of genitalia-related references such as Fannyfield, Cockplay and Honey Knob Hill.
Dorset boasts the most entries with Scratchy Bottom, Happy Bottom and Shitterton all placing.
Those towards the end of the 30-strong collection include Pratt's Bottom in Kent and Lickers Lane in Merseyside.
Britain has long had a fascination with hilariously-named spots - and now some of the most amusing have been revealed
The bizarrely-named spots were revealed by insurance provider Swiftcover after it asked 2,000 Brits to vote for the funniest place names
The county of Dorset boasts the most entries with Scratchy Bottom, Happy Bottom and Shitterton all placing
Brown Willy (pictured) - which placed second - is a hill on Bodmin Moor in Cornwall that reaches heights of around 420m
BUSHYGAP, TITTY HILL AND HAPPY BOTTOM: THE BEST OF BRITAIN'S HILARIOUSLY-NAMED SPOTS
1. Bell End near Lickey End, Worcestershire - 36.35%
2. Brown Willy, Cornwall – 34.25%
3. Boggy Bottom, Hertfordshire – 30.55%
4. Twatt, Orkney – 26.20%
5. Nob End, South Lancashire – 26.15%
6. Fanny Barks, Durham – 24.45%
7. Scratchy Bottom, Dorset – 24.35%
8. Minge Lane, Worcestershire – 23.80%
9. Dicks Mount, Suffolk – 23.25%
10. Crotch Crescent, Oxford –22.25%
11. Sandy Balls, Hampshire – 21.45%
12. Cockplay, Northumberland – 20.75%
13. The Bastard, a mountain in Scotland – 20.65%
14. Fanny Hands Lane, Lincolnshire - 20.30%
15. Titty Hill, Sussex - 19.90%
16. Backside Lane, Oxfordshire - 19.60%
17. Bushygap, Northumberland, UK - 18.55%
18. Cockermouth, Cumbria - 17.70%
19. Fannyfield, Ross and Cromarty - 17.15%
20. Honey Knob Hill, Wiltshire - 17.00%
21. Fudgepack upon Humber, Humberside - 15.85%
22. Happy Bottom, Dorset - 15.40%
23. Tarts Hill, Flintshire, Wales, UK and Spanker Lane, Derbyshire – both 15.35%
24. Brokenwind, Aberdeenshire - 15.20%
25. Wetwang, East Yorkshire 14.80%
26. Beaver Close, Surrey - 14.45%
27. Lickers Lane, Merseyside - 13.70%
28. Pratt’s Bottom, Kent 13.40%
29. Pratt’s Bottom, Kent 13.40%
30. Shitterton, Dorset 13.10%